The Television Academy, based in the NoHo Arts District in North Hollywood, California, is a nonprofit organization devoted to celebrating and empowering storytellers to push the boundaries of what Television can be. The only major organization fully representing the television and broadband screen entertainment industry, it is made up of over 22,000 members, representing 30 professional peer groups, including performers, directors, producers, art directors and various other artisans, technicians and executives.
The Television Academy recognizes excellence among its peers with the Emmy award, culminating in the Primetime Emmy Awards telecast each fall. The Television Academy also produces several other awards shows and a variety of activities and events for its members throughout the year. These events are featured across the Academy's digital platforms and in its award-winning emmy magazine.
It is the Television Academy's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Television Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking qualified candidates for Social Media Intern positions.
Social Media Coordinator
Under the direction of the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Coordinator has secondary responsibility for the expression, control and protection of the Television Academy brand across all community-based platforms as part of our award-winning department. The Social Media Coordinator helps develop and primarily executes engagement strategies for the Television Academy and its properties across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, and other profiles, and is involved in the day-to-day management of the content and communities on these social platforms. The Coordinator helps to monitor fan chatter among social media accounts and engages/moderates as necessary to help protect the integrity of the brand. The Coordinator suggests new and innovative ways to engage members, prospective members, and fans of television through social media. The Coordinator helps to measure and analyze regular metrics reports and functional requirements and stays abreast of developments and emerging platforms in the realm of social media.
This is a full-time seasonal position from May to October (dates are TBD).
The social media platforms of the Television Academy are highly visible aspects of the digital and brand marketing program, and as such, it is crucial that good judgment and sound strategy are employed every time they are engaged.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes and manages the implementation of the organization's social media strategies to drive reach and engagement around Academy activities, awards and partners.
- Creates engaging social media content in alignment with the Academy digital and marketing strategy, taking advantage of platform-specific opportunities; determine deliverables, timelines, and execution standards for social media campaigns and day-to-day content management.
- Manages consumer engagement and community interactions across all social media platforms, maintaining the highest standards of brand voice and spirit; works with Digital and Marketing executives to determine appropriate responsiveness to community inquiries.
- Works with Digital and Marketing teams to ensure social media content is executed with suitable graphics, relevant hashtags where applicable, and in line with the Academy's broader promotional calendar.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to ensure social media campaigns are executed in coordination with PR strategies and partner plans.
- Works with the Executive Producer, Digital to identify and develop risk mitigation strategies and practices for social media management.
- Creates and distributes weekly and monthly activity reports to key stakeholders on consumer engagement, relevant social media activities and issues, and campaign impacts.
- Sets and analyzes engagement metrics in comparison to activity-based goals, and translate into recommendations for revising social media tactics and/or measuring the success of social media initiatives; champion audience trends and expectations through audience insights and knowledge of best practices in social media management.
- Keeps abreast of developments and emerging platforms in social media to ensure the organization maintains an optimal social channel mix.
- Protects company assets through the proper management of asset files and adherence to company policy with regard to information security and management.
- Performs other duties as required and/or requested.
- 1-2 years of experience managing branded social media platforms
- Entertainment experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop, Keynote and Adobe Premiere
- Exceptional editorial and proofreading skills
- Highly proficient with the functionality of the existing assortment of social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Tumblr) and understanding of these for the purposes of brand marketing
- Understanding of consumer engagement behavior in social media
- Experience with social media content creation, including video, photo, and story posts
- Strong comprehension of contemporary methodologies for social media tracking, aggregation and analysis
- Highly self-motivated and directed; exceptional project management skills; ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and multi-tasking; outstanding organization and time management skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data, and develop metrics to support decision-making and resource allocation for social media efforts/campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact well throughout the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Active listening skills and ability to follow directions (hear, process and understand)
- Demonstrates maturity, tact and diplomacy; flexible and adaptable.
- Availability to work evenings and/or weekends to participate in or cover Academy events.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience in journalism or communications required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Television Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek a talented Social Media Intern who loves TV and wants to tell the world about it - someone who is obsessed with social media and wants to learn how to shape and build a brand across these platforms.
Our social strategy drives reach and engagement to our website year-round, with a heavy push during the summer Emmy Awards season. You will get to work cross-functionally to leverage content on digital/social platforms. You’ll help engage our fan base and watch it grow to the climax of the awards broadcast!
Because the social media discipline encompasses writing, design, metrics, photography, filmmaking, and more, we are seeking interns with diverse backgrounds, interests, strengths, and academic focus.
PLEASE NOTE: The right candidate must be able to receive school credit for their work with us this summer (mid-June to Sept 30), as this is an unpaid position.
What you’ll learn:
How to sustain our branding and voice
- Honing a sense of good judgment and sound strategy
- Writing/designing content-focused posts that share:
- Emmy magazine content
- Content for/from our "Evenings with” events
- Existing/new social content series
Relationship-building with our online community
- Manage content and communities on our social platforms including engaging/moderating activity on posts as necessary to help protect the integrity of the brand
- Execute new initiatives on Tumblr and regularly reblog fan art
Developing your eye and instinct for engaging content
- Learn which elements determine what pieces of news make them engaging, compelling, and shareable
- Tap into your own TV fandom and excitement when researching news items for possible posts
How to track and learn from social media analytics
- Create simple, regular Hootsuite metrics reports for our Facebook and Twitter engagement
- Set up post boosts and analyze their results
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editorial, organization, time management, listening, and communication skills
- Self-motivation, with a collaborative/knowledge-seeking spirit
- Attention to detail
- Savviness and regular usage of key platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and basics of Hootsuite Pro
- Interest and some skill in design, photography, filmmaking
- Working knowledge and usage in secondary platforms tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Final Cut/Adobe Premiere