About The Television Academy Foundation
The Television Academy Foundation shapes the art of creating television by engaging and educating the next generation of television professionals. Established in 1959 as the charitable arm of the Television Academy, the Foundation has nurtured thousands of burgeoning talents, providing essential resources that help them discover their voices, refine their skills and forge rewarding careers in every sector of the television industry. Foundation alumni include prominent writers, producers, documentarians, creative executives, network presidents and more.
The Foundation prepares budding leaders and storytellers through our preeminent programs:
- Our Internship Program annually provides nearly 50 students from across the nation with hands-on work experience, mentorships, and opportunities for accelerated career development in more than 30 categories.
- Our Visiting Professionals Program connects universities with industry leaders willing to share their expertise with students through lectures, workshops, and panel discussions.
- Our Faculty Seminar reaches into classrooms nationwide through 20 professors annually selected for immersion into week-long entertainment industry seminars.
- Our College Television Awards recognize and reward excellence in student-produced television across the nation, awarding over 65 trophies in 13 categories annually.
- The Interviews: An Oral History of Television preserves the history of television and provides an invaluable research platform to students, professionals, teachers, and the public at large.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We rely on support from philanthropists and sponsors who share the understanding that investing in today's educators and students pays dividends in tomorrow's more enlightened and innovative industry leaders. We invite you to consider the possibilities when you partner with us to help shape the future of television.